- The US Patent Office’s attempt to quantify and improve the quality of patents granted might infringe on a patent the USPTO itself granted for rating patent quality… What happens if the USPTO infringes on that patent with its system to discover that the original patent is low quality and should be overturned??
- Doug described Bloc Quebecois leader Gilles Duceppe as “70% brilliant and 30% absolutely crazy.” Just a perfect characterization. That’s why he’s so much fun to watch in debates.
- I have been following Digg for the past couple of days and I am amazed at the number of stories about Apple, specifically about whether or not the new MacBooks and iMacs will support Windows. Every time a new article comes out speculating about it, every time someone says something about it, every little statement from someone who speaks for Apple is being followed obsessively, and not one of the (must be) ten or so stories submitted to Digg actually has more information than the preceding. Geez, people, you won’t know until someone tries it, stop speculating until more concrete information is available.
- They finally cleared the snow here in Kingston. OK, they didn’t clear it, the ten days of unseasonably warm weather melted it away.
- Corus starts today! Go Magnus!